Juvederm is a family of commonly used dermal fillers that use injectable hyaluronic acid to provide temporary (9 -12 months) correction for facial wrinkles and folds. The hyaluronic acid (HA) has been developed into a smooth gel than can add temporary volume and a smoother appearance to skin. Each product in the Juvederm family features different bonding and concentrations of hyaluronic acid and each are each formulated to address different facial concerns when injected into different areas and depths. Juvederm received FDA approval in 2006.
The Juvederm range of products can be used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds in the following areas:
- Juvederm Volbella® XC: Used for lips and around the lip area to add subtle volume and to smooth vertical lip lines
- Juvederm® Ultra XC: Used for the lip and surrounding tissue but is designed to add more fullness than Juvederm Volbella® XC
- Juvederm Voluma® XC: Used for the cheek area to give a subtle lift that increases volume and contours cheek area
- Juvederm® XC: Used for moderate or severe facial folds or wrinkles such as the fold that runs from your nose to mouth
- Juvederm Vollure™: XC Used for moderate or severe facial wrinkles or folds, but may last longer than Juvederm® XC
Juvederm products contain a small amount of lidocaine to help minimize any pain or discomfort felt during treatment and immediately after.