As we grow older, the skin around our eyes has begins to droop, sometimes to the point of limiting vision. We get asked all the time, “Can anything be done?”
Our answer is that while this is part of aging, there are successful, elective oculoplastic procedures you can seek out to correct the issue. What’s known as a Blepharoplasty, is the third most commonly performed elective surgical procedure in the United States and refers to the removal of excess tissue to rejuvenate the upper and/or lower eyelids. Sometimes called the “eyelid lift”, it can restore a more youthful appearance.
- Blepharoplasty is a very useful surgery for those looking to correct:
- Puffiness in the upper eyelids that results from excess fatty deposits
- Folds of skin created by loose or sagging skin. This affects the contour of the upper eyelid and can even impair vision.
- Excess skin and wrinkles of the lower eyelid
- Bags under the eye that create an un-rested look
- Droopy lower eyelids
With state-of-the-art technology that we have here at So Cal Eye, aesthetic procedures have been fine-tuned to help you achieve the physical appearance and visual field that you desire in a safe manner. Blepharoplasty in Long Beach and Los Alamitos and can help you feel better about your appearance and see better as well. You can consult you’re your ophthalmologist, a cosmetic specialist, or an oculoplastic surgeon consultation with you to determine which procedure can best accomplish your cosmetic goals and visual goals.