LASIK is an elective surgery with potentially life-changing results. SoCal Eye LASIK Surgeons in Long Beach have performed thousands of LASIK procedures and encourage every patient to ask questions during their LASIK Consultation. It is important to understand who will be performing your LASIK surgery, what is involved in the LASIK procedure and what to expect while recovering from LASIK surgery. To help you make an informed decision, SoCal Eye recommends the following list of questions to ask during your consultation.
Questions about your LASIK Surgeon:
- Who will be performing my LASIK Surgery and what is their professional training?
- How many LASIK procedures have they performed? How many years practicing?
- How many of your patients achieve vision results of 20/20 or better?
- Do you have testimonials from previous patients that I can read?
Questions about the LASIK Procedure:
- Am I a candidate for LASIK?
- Should I consider monovision?
- Are my current (and near future) lifestyle choices, including work, family life and sports/recreation, compatible with LASIK?
- If I’m not eligible for LASIK, do you offer other laser vision correction surgeries?
- How should I prepare for the procedure?
- What LASIK technology do you use? What kind of laser will you be using to perform my procedure?
- How long does the procedure take?
- Does LASIK hurt?
- If LASIK results do not meet our goals, what can be done?
- What results can I reasonably expect? What might be the best and worst case scenarios?
- What are some of the side effects of LASIK?
- How much does LASIK cost?
- What financing options do you offer?
Questions about Recovery from LASIK Surgery:
- Will I be able to drive myself home after surgery?
- How long is the recovery?
- What can I do and what can’t I do after LASIK Surgery?
- When can I exercise?
- How long will it be before I see my final vision results?
- What type of long-term follow-up care do you offer?
- How can I maintain clear vision after LASIK?
- Are touchups necessary?
SoCal Eye: LASIK Long Beach
SoCal Eye LASIK surgeons encourage their patients to ask questions during the Free LASIK Consultation. It is SoCal Eye’s mission to educate and inform our patients and provide the best patient care experience. All treatment begins with a Consultation with a SoCal Eye LASIK Specialist or LASIK Surgeon in Long Beach. For LASIK Treatment in Long Beach, Schedule an Appointment today at LAKEWOOD (562) 531-2020 | LOS ALAMITOS (562) 598-7728 or send us an Online Consultation Request